Welcome Fearn falcons!
HELLO FEARN FALCONS!
CHECK OUT THE PTO'S LATEST NEWS!
JOIN US FOR OUR PTO MEETING ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH
We invite all Fearn parents to our November PTO Meeting on Tuesday, November 19th at 7:00pm. We'll be voting on our October Meeting Minutes. Plus, we'll be updating everyone on our exciting upcoming PTO Events!
HELP US #CLEARTHELISTS!
Our teachers work hard to make Fearn Elementary an amazing environment for our children to learn and grow. Many times, to achieve this, they pay out of pocket to provide items beyond the District 129 School Supply List. Thus, the #Clearthelists movement was born.
The Fearn PTO has gathered Amazon Wish Lists from our teachers - giving you the opportunity to help create that wonderful classroom experience for your student and all students at Fearn! Simply click on your teacher's link below! Please ship to the school's address at 1600 Hawksley Ln, North Aurora, IL 60542. Thanks for your support!!
We will continue to update our Wish Lists as teachers submit them! Don't see your teacher? Please let them know you'd love to support their classroom!
Thanks for helping us #Clearthelists!
SAVE THE DATE for our 2019-2020 Fearn PTO Events!
- Friday, December 6th - Mother / Daughter Event
- Thursday, January 16th - Mother / Son Night
- Saturday, February 22nd - Fun Fair
- Thursday, February 27th - Fearnapalooza
- Saturday, March 14th - Daddy Daughter Dance
Together, we can make a difference!
Your PTO Board,
Krista Harvey, Christy Tubbs, Lisa Culpepper, Lisa Falcone, Mandy Beebe
What is our mission?
Fearn Elementary School PTO is dedicated to supporting the education of children at Fearn Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents and teachers. ~Adopted Summer 2019
Why does our school need a PTO?
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our students with programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the education of each child.
Why become a PTO Member?
- PTO revenue comes from membership dues and fundraising activities.
- Membership dues for the school year are $8.00 for the first member and $6.00 for each additional member.
- When you join the PTO your donation will help support the students and staff of Fearn. Volunteer participation is NOT required. But it is greatly appreciated!
- Membership to the Fearn PTO means that your family is supporting your school and the members that are volunteering their time.
- All PTO members receive a Fearn Student Directory.
- You are invited to attend any or all of the monthly meetings.
why come to a monthly meeting?
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events for Fearn!
- Connect with other parents.
- Make a difference in your school! Volunteer your time at school or at home.
- We want to hear YOUR ideas! Teamwork makes the dream work!
Where does the money go?
- The PTO provides grade-level assemblies during the year.
- The PTO provides money to each classroom and bottled water for parties.
- The PTO proudly supports the Fearnapalooza, Family Movie Night, Daddy Daughter Dance, Mother Son Bowling, Father Son Dodge Ball, Mother Daughter Night, Fun Fair and 5th Grade Promotion.
- Room Representatives are recruited by the PTO to help teachers with the parties and events.
- Every child receives a book on their birthday or half birthday.
- Teacher appreciation events occur during the year to thank the teachers and staff for everything they do for the students of Fearn Elementary School.
- The PTO pays for insurance to make sure that everyone is safe during sponsored events.
- In addition, the PTO fulfills Fearn Wish List items that benefit all Fearn students.
How can I be a part of the PTO when I work all day?
- There are many opportunities to help our children that can be part of one's everyday routine.
- The membership fee alone comprises nearly 10% of our yearly budget.
- You can clip the Box Tops for Education and send them to school with your child.
- Donate packaged foods and drinks for events or bake for Teacher Appreciation week and other events.
- You can volunteer for a committee that can be done from home.
- Take a break from cooking and support Fearn PTO and our local businesses through our Dining Out Program.
- You can make a difference!
Can you lend a helping hand? We are always looking for volunteers for our committees. It starts here: PTO Interest FOrm
|Assemblies||Organize school assemblies for the school year.|
|Audit||Review PTO Treasurer Report for accuracy|
|Collection for Education||Advertise in the school newsletter to remind Parents to collect and submit labels/box tops/print cartridges. Collect from school and submit them to the manufacturer.||Jennifer Apgar, Heather Peterson, Lori Pitello|
|Bulletin Board||Decorate PTO bulletin board by the front door.|
|Daddy / Daughter Dance||Jessyca Brenka|
Contact area restaurants to arrange fundraising nights. Advertise in school newsletter and update members at the monthly PTO meetings.
|Father / Son Event|
|Fearnapalooza||Talent Show to showcase our students||Kim Weiss & Lisa Guyer|
|5th Grade Promotion|
|Mother / Son event|
|Mother / Daughter Event|
|Nominating||Work with current board, principal and other Fearn Staff to help develop a nominating slate for the following school year.|
|Volunteers (Room Reps)||Coordinates the selection of room parents for each classroom.||Mandy Beebe|
|School Kits||Send home order form for school kit supplies, collect money and coordinate pick up of supplies. (Usually during Back to School Bash)||Taryn Hobson|
|Spirit Wear||Coordinate sale of Fearn athletic wear|
|Teacher / Staff Appreciation||Organize and coordinate activities for teachers and staff during the school year and for Teacher Appreciation week in May|
|Yearbook||Create, organize and distribute a yearbook. Create teams for photos, montage pages, etc||Michelle Walker|